My Top 5 Favourite Foundations


Hey gals,
So today I thought I would share with you all my top 5 Favourite Foundations. I have tried and tested my fair share of foundations and I haven't loved them all, so today I decided to narrow it down to my top 5.

Just going to tell you all to keep in mind that when I'm not tanned aka have no fake tan on, I am extremely pale like I mean a white foundation would probably match me!! And also, I don't wear makeup everyday (hence the old packaging on some of these foundations) but when I do these are the foundations that I like to use when I'm either tan or pale and they are my holy grails.

Hope you all love it,
Amy x

1. Inglot YSM




This foundation has been my go-to foundation for over two years now and I find that no matter what foundation I try to find to replace this one, I always end up going back to my Inglot YSM. I would say that this foundation has a medium to buildable coverage and I can apply more to the areas where I need that little extra coverage, around my acne scarring and what not. I use the shade 40 which is for when I don't have fake tan on but I could actually go a shade lighter as this shade is still slightly too dark but I just blend it down my neck and it's fine. This foundation is only €20 and I find that it lasts a good amount of time - I bought mine in December and I'm still not out yet and it's now July (keep in mind though that I don't wear foundation every day). You can buy this foundation here.

2. Maybelline FitMe Matte +Poreless


This foundation is my new favourite for those times you want your makeup to last all day or all night. I have oily/dry skin and I find that this foundation works well for both of those skin types - it doesn't stick to my dry patches and it doesn't get over-oily in my oily areas! This foundation is a medium to full coverage and is super matte which I like because I don't have to set it with powder if I don't want to. I use the shade 120 and this I use for when my fake tan is fading, so it's not at it's darkest but it's not completely faded either. I find the shade range amazing for a drugstore foundation and there is bound to be a shade for every skintone whether you are extremely pale or super dark. This foundation is under €10 which is extremely affordable for a good quality foundation. You can buy this foundation here

3. No7 Airbrush Away Foundation


I discovered this foundation by pure chance - I hadn't got a foundation to match my skin colour at the time and I stole this from my mam's room! When I first tried it I didn't like it at all because it was so incredibly dewy but the more I used it the more I fell in love with it. This foundation does exactly what it says on the tin - it makes your skin look airbrushed and flawless. This foundation is super dewy so I find that I must set it with a powder or it will transfer but even after setting it with the powder the glow still comes through making the skin look naturally radiant. I would say that the coverage again is a medium to buildable coverage and I use the shade deeply beige in this foundation and it is the perfect shade for when I have fake tan on, it has a cool tone base so it's not 'orangey' looking on the skin. This foundation retails in boots for €22 and can be bought here.

4. L'Oréal True Match 


I feel as though this foundation is a cult favourite for everyone and their mothers but for good reason. I am in love with this foundation for it's buildable coverage and stunning finish on the skin. You can choose the coverage that suits you by just applying a light layer for sheer coverage or applying a few layers to achieve that full coverage look. The finish of this foundation is beautiful - it's not matte but it's not overly dewy either, it's a perfect satin finish. I use the shade 1N ivory and this shade matches me perfectly for when I have no fake tan on whatsoever so it's a super duper light shade. There is 23 shades in this foundation which is absolutely amazing, so you are 100% sure to find your shade match, I can't recommend it enough. You can buy this foundation here.  

5. Bourjois Healthy Mix 


This foundation is getting more and more popular by the day and again, for all the right reasons. This foundation is a perfect everyday foundation giving off a radiant, dewy finish but still providing just the right amount of coverage to cover all those imperfections that you don't want to see. I like to set this foundation with a loose translucent powder as, because of how dewy it is, it does rub off if you don't set it. But even after setting it, the dewiness can still be seen which I love. I use the shade no 51 light vanilla and this is my shade for when I'm not tanned. This foundation is only €14 and can be bought here.


Comments

  1. hey Amy 😇 just wanna say that this is 1 of ur best post so far and it is amazing that u can actually just have 5 top foundations 😂 love you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Fuschia Contour Palette

My Top Ten 'Must Watch' YouTubers

Festival Fever Makeup Look